Acceptable Use Policy
Revised February 11, 2022
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) is provided by Eagle Point Software Corporation (“Eagle Point”) to give its customers and users (collectively, “Customers”) a clear understanding of what Eagle Point expects of them while using Eagle Point’s software and content (the “Services”). All Customers who subscribe to the Services must comply with this AUP. This AUP is governed by Eagle Point’s Terms and Conditions or Enterprise License Agreement (as the case may be) for that version of the Eagle Point Software for which you, a Customer (“You”, “Yours”), have subscribed (the “License Agreement”). UNDER THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT, YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES IS SUBJECT TO YOUR REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AUP.
Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the License Agreement/.Eagle Point may remove any materials that violate this AUP. Eagle Point may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing. You may not use the Services to publish any Material that Eagle Point determines, in its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent, or objectionable. For purposes of this AUP, “Material” means all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, and logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings provided by or for You.
If You or Your agent or employee uses an account to violate the AUP, Eagle Point reserves the right to suspend access to the Services and terminate any License Agreement then in effect, without notice.
VIOLATIONS OF THIS AUP
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Illegal use. You may not use the Services for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities.
- Harm to minors. You may not use the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
- Threats. You may not use the Services to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment. You may not use the Services to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity. You may not use the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as pyramid schemes, Ponzi schemes, and chain letters.
- Forgery or impersonation. You may not use the Services to add, remove or modify identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM). You may not use the Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail.
- E-mail / news bombing. Malicious intent to impede another person’s use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of You account.
- E-mail / message forging. You may not forge any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the Services.
- Usenet spamming. You may not use the Services for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements that violate the rules, regulations, or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
- Unauthorized access. You may not use the Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, Eagle Point’s security measures or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data. You will not attempt to obtain another user’s account password. Sharing passwords and account access with unauthorized users is prohibited. It is Your sole responsibility to keep any password(s) secure.
- Copyright or trademark infringement. You may not use the Services to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data. You may not use the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- IRC. Use of IRC or IRC bots or clonebots is not allowed. An IRC bot is a program which runs and is connected to an IRC server twenty-four (24) hours a day, automatically performing certain actions.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. You may not use the Services for any activity that affects the ability of other people or systems or the Internet. This includes “denial of service” (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user.
- Distribution of viruses. You may not use the Services to intentionally distribute software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited.
- Third party accountability. You will be held responsible and accountable for any activity using Your account that violates this AUP.